Ever wondered why Dadar is called Dadar and how did an area come to be called Ghatkopar or Bhandup? Why is Napean Sea Road still called that and where are these Cumballa and Malabar Hills? Well, if these questions have been popping in your head, rest easy. Today’s Mumbai List will help answer some of these questions. This is a LIVE list and we will keep sharing updates with more area names soon.
Bhuleshwar: Sitting smugly in the Top 100 …
Ever so often, standing in those seemingly motionless queues of tired looking people awaiting their turn to pay the price of their crime of wanting to shop in a ‘mall’, I have silently screamed for a dependable online grocery store. Just to avoid those never ending queues around cash counters. With Mumbai becoming more and more Internet savvy by the day, this is a service Mumbai actually needed at least 5 years ago. Seriously. But I’m glad that finally someone has taken …
I must say, it thrills me to bits when I walk down to buy vegetables and see a fellow shopper carrying a cloth tote instead of demanding plastic shopping bags. Mumbai has a sizable number of earth-loving, tree-hugging green freaks who make an effort to live responsibly. This attempt at sustainable living need not stop at waste disposal and switching to CFLs, you can quite literally wear your green heart on your sleeve. …
Trending on MumbaiMag
- Fashion Forward: Ten Great Websites For Trendy, Affordable Shopping
- Injured Bijlee Needs Your Help Mumbai!
- Food Bytes: Mumbai’s Four Best Kept Kebab Secrets
- #MumbaiList: Concocting A Regional Storm In A Thali
- Bagel All The Way: The Hole Story About Mumbai’s Tryst With An American Snack
- Trend Spotting: Shoes That Speak Volumes!
- Living Their Dreams: A Unique Art Exhibition By Students Of Society For The Education Of The Crippled (SEC)
- Food Bytes: How About A Bite of Sanju Baba, Deepak Chopra Or Bobby Deol Tonight?
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.