Today’s Bharat Bandh called to protest against the Petrol price hike seems to have been ‘successful’ in terms of affecting day to day life in Mumbai. Many professionals have taken the day off, those on roads cant seem to find any transportation and since most of the restaurants and cafes are closed, many can’t seem to find a place to lunch at. We have started the #MumbaiBandhTracker on Twitter to make it easier for people to share Mumbai bandh related …
Continuing from our previous #MumbaiList No. 4 here are some more interesting facts, stories and legends about how areas in Mumbai got their names. If you know another story about these area names, do share with us.
Bandra: This important railway station on the western line between Mahim and Khar was also an important port in the days gone by and gets its name from the Urdu or Persian word …
Living in Mumbai for a little over twenty three years, I quite share a love – hate relationship with this city. I hate the rains, traffic and of course, convincing rickshaw drivers who refuse to go just about anywhere. Bustling with people, cars and more people, Mumbai often leaves you feeling overwhelmed yet isolated. But a socially awkward person like me will not complain. I rather spend my day curled up in bed, watching a movie or reading my favourite …
It is often said that everyone wears a mask for the world and hides true emotions behind them. And the mask is what over 300 artists have chosen as their vehicle of creative expression. When you see so many of them staring at you from across the room, the effect is breath taking.
This is exactly what you can expect to view at the International Mask Festival being organized at Phoenix Market City, Kurla in the coming week. The vibrant …
Trending on MumbaiMag
- Snap Shots: Mumbai’s Up And Coming Candid Wedding Photographers
- Koonik: Making The Planet A Happier Place, One Baby At A Time
- Ink Your Imagination At Mumbai’s Ingenious Tattoo Studios
- Mumbai’s Secrets: We Bet You Didn’t Know Of These Hidden Treasures In The City
- Katy’s Kitchen: Authentic Parsi Food Is Just A Phone Call Away
- Trend Spotting: Shoes That Speak Volumes!
- Trend Spotting: Sing Along at Karaoke Nights Throughout The Week
- This #Weekend, Explore #StreetArt Installations Adorning #Mumbai’s Public Spaces bit.ly/12x8hLB 11 hours ago
- Looking to try something different this weekend? Idli Dosa Makeovers: Yummy South Indian Staples Served With A Twist bit.ly/128Jj4J 11 hours ago
- The Rise And Fall Of The ‘Daakiya’ And The Bygone Days Of Post Boxes! bit.ly/10Sy1iw via 1 day ago