Before you point out that it’s Mumbai and not Bombay, let me clarify that I’ve used the word deliberately. I grew up in Bombay and not Mumbai and at some level, I’ll always be a Bombayite and not a Mumbaikar. What’s the difference, you ask? It’s not just a simple name change, it’s actually saying goodbye to things that I have grown up around.
Why am I suddenly getting nostalgic, you ask? It so happens that just last week, I …
Before I start let me tell you that I’m not going talk about the obvious touristy things that you can do in Mumbai because everyone publishes lists like that and frankly, most of those suggestions are overrated. If you’re willing to experiment, here are 10 things that you should do in Mumbai. What’s more, these activities will ensure that you continue having a healthy relationship with your wallet as most of these activities are under Rps 200 each.
1. Bet …
Here are four reasons why local trains are the best form of public transport. No, this is not a post about how it’s better to be stuck in a cramped up compartment with sweaty women v/s moving at the speed of 1 Km/Hr on a traffucked highway. What this post will tell you though is how you can be entertained in a local train compartment if you are stuck there anyway. So, here are the entertainment possibilities.
1. Impromptu shopping: Honestly, …
MumbaiMag’s resident coffee addict, foodie and pun maker, Khushboo Tanna was invited to the Mystery Café launch this weekend, which has been creating a lot of chatter on Twitter. She covered the revelation of Cuppa Joe for MumbaiMag starting off with her first Restaurant Review.
Restaurant Review: Cuppa Joe
Seriously, how do you start your day without a nice ol’ cuppa joe? Coffee addicts like me can’t. So I’m only happy to discover a brand new coffee shop, …
Trending on MumbaiMag
- Snap Shots: Mumbai’s Up And Coming Candid Wedding Photographers
- Koonik: Making The Planet A Happier Place, One Baby At A Time
- Ink Your Imagination At Mumbai’s Ingenious Tattoo Studios
- Mumbai’s Secrets: We Bet You Didn’t Know Of These Hidden Treasures In The City
- Katy’s Kitchen: Authentic Parsi Food Is Just A Phone Call Away
- Trend Spotting: Shoes That Speak Volumes!
- Trend Spotting: Sing Along at Karaoke Nights Throughout The Week
- Restaurant ‘May’hem! Getting You Up To Speed With Eatery Openings And Closings This Month in #Mumbai... Read bit.ly/11dwRUR 15 hours ago
- This World Environment Day, Go Green With NGOs Working Towards Environment Safety In Mumbai bit.ly/10CHOxj 19 hours ago
- Did you check out post on celebrity inspired food here bit.ly/164ERdG 20 hours ago