Bandra has quite definitely established itself as the gastronomical centre of the city.
Every little lane seems to house a cafe, all the main streets are filled with big swanky restaurants, all the promenades are full or street stalls. Joining this bustling bunch of eateries is the newly opened Black Gold Cafe.
It’s located on Hill Road near the police station, which is crowded any day, all day with truant college students, sale-hungry aunties and shopping tourists. The area already has a large number of cafes. However, based on location alone all seem to be doing pretty well. Hungry shoppers always need a caffeine kick and a snack.
This cafe is quite large and can seat about a hundred, so you’ll probably never have to wait for a seat. They have three different seating sections each with a different decor; one of which is a loud retro inspired bar. (They do not have a liquor license yet, but it’s on its way.) The cafe aims at being a hang out spot during the day and doubles up as a lounge during the graveyard shift.
Black Gold Cafe serves cafe staples like milk shakes, cold and hot coffee, pastries, sandwiches, tarts and muffins. They have quite a large selection of rich sinful shakes. They even make some thin crust pizzas. Based on the menu alone, nothing stands out and surprises. It’s pretty much what one would expect. One (non-alcoholic) drink and a small snack will cost you between Rs.500 to Rs.700. Definitely not cheap, but at par with the competition in the area.
Go check out Black Gold Cafe and tell us what you think!
more on MumbaiMag...
Trending on MumbaiMag
- Snap Shots: Mumbai’s Up And Coming Candid Wedding Photographers
- Koonik: Making The Planet A Happier Place, One Baby At A Time
- Ink Your Imagination At Mumbai’s Ingenious Tattoo Studios
- Mumbai’s Secrets: We Bet You Didn’t Know Of These Hidden Treasures In The City
- Mumbai’s Eggcellent: The Best Egg Dishes In The City
- Katy’s Kitchen: Authentic Parsi Food Is Just A Phone Call Away
- Event: Books On Toast, A Book Donation Drive And Sale For Charity
- Every Tuesday is #TuesdayBeerNight at @OofTB #Bandra... Winner gets A sizzler & 2 pints of #beer. RT to win 6 hours ago
- this one is for all our writers :D cheers “@harshf1: @MumbaiMag I seriously love every member behind it , hope to meet u all one day :D” 7 hours ago
- @harshf1 thank you again, love from readers like you makes it so much fun :D hope to see you sometime soon too! 7 hours ago