Lemon Grass, Vashi’s well known Aisan Cuisine Restaurant has had a makeover. Renamed Soy Street, the popular eatery in Navi Mumbai will now serve Pan Asian cuisine with a fresh menu. And what’s different is that the theme is street food. In it’s new avatar, Soy Street has a fresh, quirky approach and plans to go pan India in the next year. Chef Ronnie and Chef Vinod, have leveraged two decades of culinary experience and travels across South East Asia to design the menu.
While they do serve the popular dim sums and sushis, it’s the street specialty dishes that sound most promising. From Chef’s recommendation, Roti Kanai, a Malaysian style chicken curry served with malay styled fluffy parathas to Thai street styled spicy chicken with bird chilly and basil served with jasmine rice, Soy Street‘s menu does offer a wide variety for the adventurous foodie. For the vegetarians, the chefs recommend the Srilankan style vegetable in cashew curry which is spicy and sweet at the same time, with a tempering of pandan leaves and mustard seeds to be tried with sticky rice or jasmine rice.
With over 20 new names added to the menu the beverages also have their fresh share. Expect innovative welcome drinks such as street style tropical fruit Sangrias and South East Asian punch juices. The signature drink is a Tiger Prawn Bloody Mary. It’s a jumbo prawn drink containing 2 tiger prawns with tamarind pulpy extract served in beer mugs.
CONTEST: Win Couple Buffet Passes For Soy Street
It’s launch week at Soy Street till 31st of August and they are celebrating by giving away 3 couple passes to their afternoon buffet lunch for MumbaiMag readers. The buffet is served from 12 noon till 3.30 pm at their outlet in Inorbit Mall, Vashi and is worth Rs. 355 per person inclusive of taxes on weekdays and Rs. 455 per person inclusive of taxes on weekend & public holidays. With everything from soups, starters, salads, sushis, dim sums, stir fried and gravy options, desserts and drinks, it does sound inviting.
And what do you have to do to win a couple pass? Simple. Follow MumbaiMag on Twitter and RT our contest tweets and you stand a chance to win! Now isn’t that the easiest way to win a great weekend brunch. So go on, tweet away and have a super weekend!
Contest Duration: 11 am to 4 pm, 24th August 2012
Number of couple passes to give away: 3
Number of times you can RT to win: Unlimited
more on MumbaiMag...
Trending on MumbaiMag
- Ink Your Imagination At Mumbai’s Ingenious Tattoo Studios
- Mumbai’s Secrets: We Bet You Didn’t Know Of These Hidden Treasures In The City
- Katy’s Kitchen: Authentic Parsi Food Is Just A Phone Call Away
- Trend Spotting: Shoes That Speak Volumes!
- Trend Spotting: Sing Along at Karaoke Nights Throughout The Week
- Launchpad: Spicebox, A New Tiffin Service
- Mango Mania at Restaurants And Spas in Mumbai
- This #Weekend, Explore #StreetArt Installations Adorning #Mumbai’s Public Spaces bit.ly/12x8hLB 1 day ago
- Looking to try something different this weekend? Idli Dosa Makeovers: Yummy South Indian Staples Served With A Twist bit.ly/128Jj4J 1 day ago
- The Rise And Fall Of The ‘Daakiya’ And The Bygone Days Of Post Boxes! bit.ly/10Sy1iw via 1 day ago