As I was browsing through the old posts on MumbaiMag, I came across the list of restaurants serving Middle Eastern food in Mumbai. I couldn’t wait to taste it. Though I love trying new cuisines, idea of travelling from Mulund to Versova or Juhu threw cold water on my hot dining plans! Then there was a futile effort of making those dishes at home! But now here’s a reason to lift up my (and other gourmands’) spirit! Foodhall at the Palladium is organizing a Middle Eastern Food Festival. It will start on 1st of March and will continue for a month.
Foodhall is a gourmet supermarket at the Palladium, High Street Phoenix. You can buy fresh fruits, vegetables, ready to eat meats, snacks, beverages, dairy products and desserts. And for the fans of exotic food they have truffles and hot chocolate, Focaccia Italian bread and Balsamic vinegar straight from Italy, exotic wines to pair with delicious cheeses like Camembert and Gouda. You can also get customised hampers for corporate gifting, weddings, and other occasions.
Middle Eastern Food Festival
Here you can find many products like exotic Mediterranean dry fruits, the delicious Zahtar Pita bread and Middle Eastern fresh breads, a variety of dips like Paprika Hummus, Tzatziki, Mezze Platters, cheeses like Halloumi, Feta and Goat cheese, Tagine pots, readymade marinated paneer for shawarma fillings, Tahini and Harissa sauces, Cous Cous, Bulgar Wheat, Filo Pastry, readymade Lebanese meat Kebabs, and much more! You can also pick up a Middle Eastern food hamper as a gift for your close ones!
Through this festival, Foodhall aims to educate customers about new cuisine and make it accessible to everyone in their own homes.
We cannot conclude description of the Middle Eastern Food without mentioning Shawarmas; and to make the experience more lively, the store will have a live Shawarma counter set up for the entire month, where you can pick up ready Shawarmas with different fillings. And you can also interact with the chef about the cuisine (except the secret ingredients if they have any!) They will also have a live Falafel and Hummus corners and they claim that anyone can learn making Falafel in 10 minutes! Indulge in drool-worthy cuisine, learn new dishes and shop for amazing Middle Eastern products at Foodhall this weekend.
Just a day to go and I’m ready to savour the Middle Eastern delicacies. What about you? Share your photos and experiences of the food festival with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What: Middle Eastern Festival at Foodhall
Where: Foodhall, 3rd Floor, Palladium Mall, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel
When: 1st March to 31st March 2013
Contact: 022 30264581, 022 30264567
more on MumbaiMag...
Trending on MumbaiMag
- Snap Shots: Mumbai’s Up And Coming Candid Wedding Photographers
- Koonik: Making The Planet A Happier Place, One Baby At A Time
- Ink Your Imagination At Mumbai’s Ingenious Tattoo Studios
- Mumbai’s Secrets: We Bet You Didn’t Know Of These Hidden Treasures In The City
- Mumbai’s Eggcellent: The Best Egg Dishes In The City
- Katy’s Kitchen: Authentic Parsi Food Is Just A Phone Call Away
- Event: Books On Toast, A Book Donation Drive And Sale For Charity
- Trend Spotting: Pop #Art on shoes! Read more bit.ly/10GEeiC #Mumbai 3 hours ago
- #Mumbai #ghazal lovers, any idea? RT @MriMusings @MumbaiMag can you suggest some restaurants that have live ghazals in #Bombay? 5 hours ago
- @aaroniclee Thanks for the tip! will check out @PubcastIndia 5 hours ago