It is often said that everyone wears a mask for the world and hides true emotions behind them. And the mask is what over 300 artists have chosen as their vehicle of creative expression. When you see so many of them staring at you from across the room, the effect is breath taking.
This is exactly what you can expect to view at the International Mask Festival being organized at Phoenix Market City, Kurla in the coming week. The vibrant mask exhibition consists of the miniature format paintings of more than 300 artists from India and abroad. Each artist was provided with a 1ft x 1ft fiber glass mask and asked to paint it in his own style of work using different mediums they like. This show has already been exhibited all across the country and has received huge accolades from the art fraternity. This exhibition will also travel to Italy with support from ICCR.
One of the latest shopping destinations in the heart of Mumbai located off BKC on LBS Marg, the Phoenix Marketcity Mall is a huge international standard hub of retail with domestic and international brands along with entertainment options. So if you are around in Kurla and decide to drop in, do let us know how you liked it. Comment below or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Mask Exhibition 2012
Dates: 7th to 13th June, 2012
Time: 10 am to 10 pm
Price: No Entry Fee
Venue: Phoenix Marketcity, Kurla, Atrium 4
Organizing an event? Let us know and we would love to spread the word. Write to us at email@example.com.
more on MumbaiMag...
Trending on MumbaiMag
- Ink Your Imagination At Mumbai’s Ingenious Tattoo Studios
- Mumbai’s Secrets: We Bet You Didn’t Know Of These Hidden Treasures In The City
- Katy’s Kitchen: Authentic Parsi Food Is Just A Phone Call Away
- Trend Spotting: Shoes That Speak Volumes!
- Trend Spotting: Sing Along at Karaoke Nights Throughout The Week
- Launchpad: Spicebox, A New Tiffin Service
- Mango Mania at Restaurants And Spas in Mumbai
- This #Weekend, Explore #StreetArt Installations Adorning #Mumbai’s Public Spaces bit.ly/12x8hLB 20 hours ago
- Looking to try something different this weekend? Idli Dosa Makeovers: Yummy South Indian Staples Served With A Twist bit.ly/128Jj4J 21 hours ago
- The Rise And Fall Of The ‘Daakiya’ And The Bygone Days Of Post Boxes! bit.ly/10Sy1iw via 1 day ago