- Start the morning at the Dadar Flower market (some may also enjoy Chor bazaar), a must visit in the early morning, a photographer's paradise.
- Check out the Versova beach where the early morning catch arrives and fishermen busy themselves with unloading the fresh fish. Another great location to shoot. Or Sassoon Docks for the early morning fish sorting.
- Sewree Mudflats in the early morning hour are also a great sight as they are home to a large flock of Flamingos that have arrived.
- Have breakfast the the Leaping Windows Cafe and enjoy the fresh confectionery as you flip through some comics.
- Take a trip to Bollywood's favourite location Filmcity, and rub shoulders with the stars.
- Moving out through Powai, take a walk along Powai lake and check out Mumbai's answer to Greco-Roman architecture at Hiranandani.
- Hit the highway and don't miss the vast, white salt pans lining the stretch of the Vikhroli Highway.
- Feast on a Konkani meal at Mahesh Lunch Home or Highway Gomantak.
- Try Parsi food in Mumbai, it really is finger licking good.
- Or taste the 'world famous in Mumbai' food from Mohammad Ali Road.
- A traditional Lavni performance to soak in the rich Maharashtrian flavour - I know one happened at the Kalaghoda Arts Festival. Anyone know of one happening in the next few days?
- Khushti (Mud Wrestling) match to get the adrenaline pumping. Contact: Mahatma Fule Kushti, NM Joshi Marg, 9324586405
- Feel like a quiet sunset? Take a sailing trip around the Bombay harbour and check out the three, ancient lighthouses and an ancient isolated jail in the ocean. And yes, look out for the Dolphins.
- Some other interesting places to visit could also include a Dharavi tour and see the good work being done by Reality Gives for Dharavi, (and if you visit Dharavi try the Sion Fort nearby) - try these heritage walks and bicycle tours around the city, walk across the ocean and visit the Haji Ali Dargah or take a walk down Chapel Road to see some of the coolest Mumbai graffiti and street art or visit the Churches in the city.
- Tired of the crowd already? Spend a tranquil evening at Banganga Tank watching the sunset or visit the lesser known villages of Mumbai.
- By now I'm assuming they have already traveled by local trains and taxis in Mumbai, next on agenda is to the take a bus ride in the evening on any of these scenic bus routes. You must not miss the BEST.
- If you are looking for action, try Sky Diving at Aamby Valley if you have the time to travel there or go for a Night Parasailing trip right here in the city.
- And now that we have covered local trains, BEST and taxis, it's time for a rickshaw ride. MUST take a rickshaw ride with Sandeep Bachche in the in his amazing rickshaw.
Do I hear someone whisper, 'how long are they in the city for'? If they try all these, there is a good chance they will be coming back for more . As always, trying to do our bit for entrepreneurs in Mumbai. (You're welcome.)
This is a live list, so post your recommendations below! And yes, after reading, pray tell me, did I get the coveted 'wow factor' incorporated?
And here is a video from #GOAP's India visit in 2011: