Inspired by Rushikesh’s post on long drives that one can enjoy this monsoon, I’m sharing some photos from my trip to Jawhar (or Jawahar). I visited Jawahar in the summer last year and though it wasn’t lush and green, it was still interesting and memorable. The drive was smooth, thanks to good roads. There some some dhabas along the way though, we chose to drive straight to our destination.
Summer was harsh. Along the drive, a few flowers dared to rise against the relentless sun, and they were gorgeous.
A quaint little village just about three hours drive from Mumbai, Jawahar is a great place to go when you you want to quickly get away from the urban noise. The drive is great, the place is clean,not at all crowded, the people are friendly and enjoy hospitality.
There are a few resorts you can chose from and some home stays as well. Research well, and make sure you have a booking lest you have to come back the same day because rooms are limited in this tiny village. Food is the delicious home cooked local fare and everything from Varan Bhaath to Pudina Chicken tastes yummy. If you have an apetite for traditional Maharashtrian cuisine, you will love the food here.
So go on, get out of the city, go travel and come back to share your own pictures and stories from around Mumbai. We would love to know!
more on MumbaiMag...
Trending on MumbaiMag
- Snap Shots: Mumbai’s Up And Coming Candid Wedding Photographers
- Koonik: Making The Planet A Happier Place, One Baby At A Time
- Ink Your Imagination At Mumbai’s Ingenious Tattoo Studios
- Mumbai’s Secrets: We Bet You Didn’t Know Of These Hidden Treasures In The City
- Katy’s Kitchen: Authentic Parsi Food Is Just A Phone Call Away
- Trend Spotting: Shoes That Speak Volumes!
- Trend Spotting: Sing Along at Karaoke Nights Throughout The Week
- The Rise And Fall Of The ‘Daakiya’ And The Bygone Days Of Post Boxes! bit.ly/10Sy1iw via 3 hours ago
- Trend Spotting: Sing Along at Karaoke Nights Throughout The Week bit.ly/YsU7h4 4 hours ago
- #Art Street: Discover Art Hubs And Cultural Hotspots Where #Mumbai Comes Together bit.ly/13nZ9ek 9 hours ago