Western, Central and Harbour lines, these life lines of Mumbai carry millions each day all over the city. They serve the purpose of going from point A to B and that’s enough for the average Mumbaikar for whom as long as the purpose is served, every thing else be damned. However, the trains are an integral part of life. A few minutes late, a train cancelled and hell can break loose in homes, offices and entire parts of the city.
Each line, station and even sections of platforms have a life and social ecosystem of their own. Train friends, Bhajan groups, CVM, Smart Card, Fourth Seat, Slow, Fast, Under the indicator, etc. are an integral part of our lives. There’s etiquette that needs to be learnt and honed. And having a few elbows poking into different parts of the body and surviving it. The experts sense can sense their location on the network by the smell of the place the train is passing through. And yes, we all love to hate it.
These images capture a few of those moments. From inside the compartments, on the platforms and from all over the network that keeps this city moving.
more on MumbaiMag...
Trending on MumbaiMag
- Injured Bijlee Needs Your Help Mumbai!
- #MumbaiList: Concocting A Regional Storm In A Thali
- Bagel All The Way: The Hole Story About Mumbai’s Tryst With An American Snack
- Trend Spotting: Shoes That Speak Volumes!
- Living Their Dreams: A Unique Art Exhibition By Students Of Society For The Education Of The Crippled (SEC)
- Food Bytes: How About A Bite of Sanju Baba, Deepak Chopra Or Bobby Deol Tonight?
- Food Bytes: Green Onion and Puku’s, Nigerian Food Eateries In Mumbai
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.