Today’s Bharat Bandh called to protest against the Petrol price hike seems to have been ‘successful’ in terms of affecting day to day life in Mumbai. Many professionals have taken the day off, those on roads cant seem to find any transportation and since most of the restaurants and cafes are closed, many can’t seem to find a place to lunch at. We have started the #MumbaiBandhTracker on Twitter to make it easier for people to share Mumbai bandh related information.
Most of the roads across the city have been empty since morning and people have had a tough time finding taxis and rickshaws to travel to work. Most offices have also allowed employees to work from home while schools and colleges have continued as usual. Trains have been reportedly over crowded as have been the buses. In some areas like Borivali and Powai there have been reports of stone pelting at the buses but nobody has been reported hurt.
When leaving work, do check on the situation to be safe. And do update us with the situation around you using #MumbaiBandhTracker to help other Mumbaiites. We will keep posting updates and tweet with all the information we can gather.
Here are some of the tweets which can shed light on the sentiment around the bandh in the city -
Take care Mumbai! We’ll keep this post updated as new info comes in to us.
more on MumbaiMag...
Trending on MumbaiMag
- Snap Shots: Mumbai’s Up And Coming Candid Wedding Photographers
- Koonik: Making The Planet A Happier Place, One Baby At A Time
- Ink Your Imagination At Mumbai’s Ingenious Tattoo Studios
- Mumbai’s Secrets: We Bet You Didn’t Know Of These Hidden Treasures In The City
- Katy’s Kitchen: Authentic Parsi Food Is Just A Phone Call Away
- Trend Spotting: Shoes That Speak Volumes!
- Trend Spotting: Sing Along at Karaoke Nights Throughout The Week
- The Rise And Fall Of The ‘Daakiya’ And The Bygone Days Of Post Boxes! bit.ly/10Sy1iw via 3 hours ago
- Trend Spotting: Sing Along at Karaoke Nights Throughout The Week bit.ly/YsU7h4 4 hours ago
- #Art Street: Discover Art Hubs And Cultural Hotspots Where #Mumbai Comes Together bit.ly/13nZ9ek 9 hours ago