If the MET department is to be believed Mumbai rains are just setting in and we also have a new kind of dark cloud looming over us. It’s called The Dhoble. But don’t let that dampen your spirit and Esprits. Stay tuned, because I have my grand-plan-face on! I am a firm believer that the answer to everyone’s problems is right here: THE HOUSE PARTY!
Let’s look at my way, shall we?
It’s affordable, it’s doable and heck you can make it memorable. Now days, anything you need is available in the market. There are also a dozen party planners available but if you are an enthu cutlet like me, you will love to scour the Mumbai streets for things that can make your party as much fun as a crazy night out.
With special party outfits like Party Hunterz, anything you need for a successful party, you will find. With a variety of themes to choose from and accessories under every section, you will be spoiled for choice at this place. Bachelorettes to baby showers, they cover the whole spectrum. Being innovative as they are, you can find Gangster themes, Hawaiian, Pirate, Poker, and many more.
Or, if you want to plan and manage your party yourself, head to apna Crawford Market to pick up your party essentials. From shot glasses that come as cheap as Rs 2 per glass and paper napkins with amazing prints, these things can be real game changers at your soiree. Speaking of games, there’s this small shop at Bandra called Sparkle that keeps a variety of drinking games. They are great to own and even better to gift. From tic-tac-toe to The Drinking Roulette they will encourage your guests to play with each other. And I mean that in the most innocent way possible.
Don’t forget a good cake, even if it’s not a birthday party. Because I’m also a firm believer in good cakes. It’s as essential to a party as good heels are to a perfect outfit. People get crabby without cake. Okay, fine, I get crabby without cake. But it just adds one more dimension to your party because you can have fun with it. For all kinds of naughty themed cakes to some really innovative ones, you can contact Brownie Point or Neeru’s Cakes & Desserts who specialise in this and can bake your cake in a day. You don’t want to miss out on this sumptuous conversation starter.
You know what’s great about a house party? You get to keep it as intimate as you want. Plus you can go as wild as you want with the theme. I have heard of some very successful house parties with themes like Bollywood, headgear, black-tie affair, pimps and whores even. Okay, will-not-divulge-more. But the point is, you know your crowd best and you know what kind of theme they would enjoy. Cheesy Bollywood songs apart, no one can stop us from putting on our party hats, so without a doubt party abhi baaki hai. Just that the venue has changed!
Besides, haven’t you always secretly harboured a desire to be a bar tender? Go for it, I’d say it’s worth a shot!
more on MumbaiMag...
Trending on MumbaiMag
- Snap Shots: Mumbai’s Up And Coming Candid Wedding Photographers
- Koonik: Making The Planet A Happier Place, One Baby At A Time
- Ink Your Imagination At Mumbai’s Ingenious Tattoo Studios
- Mumbai’s Secrets: We Bet You Didn’t Know Of These Hidden Treasures In The City
- Katy’s Kitchen: Authentic Parsi Food Is Just A Phone Call Away
- Trend Spotting: Shoes That Speak Volumes!
- Trend Spotting: Sing Along at Karaoke Nights Throughout The Week
- This #Weekend, Explore #StreetArt Installations Adorning #Mumbai’s Public Spaces bit.ly/12x8hLB 11 hours ago
- Looking to try something different this weekend? Idli Dosa Makeovers: Yummy South Indian Staples Served With A Twist bit.ly/128Jj4J 12 hours ago
- The Rise And Fall Of The ‘Daakiya’ And The Bygone Days Of Post Boxes! bit.ly/10Sy1iw via 1 day ago