For those of you who have been fans of Café Mangii, the new offering at Yari Road in Andheri won’t be a disappointment. Located 2 buildings to the right of Ivy bistro and bar, Café Mangii is conveniently placed at the heart of Yari Road, just across the beach. The place has been done up well.
The moment you enter the ground floor, you will see all the desserts on offer (trust me, the mere sight is heavenly). The 1st floor is spacious and very inviting. The best part though is the terrace. Though it’s a little hot to sit outside already (and April has only just begun!), the fans do provide some relief from the heat. And there is nothing better than sitting on a well done terrace, drinking wine with friends and just bitching about stuff.
Anyway, let’s talk wine. This is where I was disappointed. Though the wine menu looks well balanced, there is nothing available just yet. Only ‘Turning Point’ was available as of yesterday and not even ‘Sula’. No international wines were available, which didn’t leave us with a lot of options. Had to settle for Turning point Rose (oh btw, am I the only one who thinks this ‘turning point’ wine smells funny? It surely gets you drunk though!). But they have just recently opened shop here. Am assuming they will stock up on everything on the menu soon.
The starters are great. The hummus is especially yummy! I know for a fact that the chicken thing my friend had was good too.. cause she just wouldn’t stop eating! The pastas and risottos were good. But Café Mangii is known for its pizzas and in that department it’s more or less like any other outlets. Though I do hope that they would use fresh dough, (you know it when it’s not fresh! It just tastes different!) and definitely more sauce. I like my pizzas saucy! But that’s just me.
Do try the cheesecake. It’s DELICIOUS! Don’t try the crème brulee. It’s horrid!
more on MumbaiMag...
Trending on MumbaiMag
- Snap Shots: Mumbai’s Up And Coming Candid Wedding Photographers
- Koonik: Making The Planet A Happier Place, One Baby At A Time
- Ink Your Imagination At Mumbai’s Ingenious Tattoo Studios
- Mumbai’s Secrets: We Bet You Didn’t Know Of These Hidden Treasures In The City
- Katy’s Kitchen: Authentic Parsi Food Is Just A Phone Call Away
- Trend Spotting: Shoes That Speak Volumes!
- Trend Spotting: Sing Along at Karaoke Nights Throughout The Week
- Restaurant ‘May’hem! Getting You Up To Speed With Eatery Openings And Closings This Month in #Mumbai... Read bit.ly/11dwRUR 7 hours ago
- This World Environment Day, Go Green With NGOs Working Towards Environment Safety In Mumbai bit.ly/10CHOxj 12 hours ago
- Did you check out post on celebrity inspired food here bit.ly/164ERdG 13 hours ago