Ola Cabs, one of the popular cab services in Mumbai, have launched their new mobile application. Earlier launched only for the Android phones around June, the app is now available for iOS phones as well. In it’s first month of launch the application had registered around 5000 downloads and Ola claims that 10% of their bookings now happen via the app.
Needless to say, we wanted to check it out to see how the application functions. Does promise more than it delivers or does it genuinely make life simple for the consumer? I use an iPhone and decided to download it and test it out myself.
This is a first and one of it’s kind application in India and it promises to be “the new way of booking a cab”. The app is simply called OLA and is available for free download. A clean, simple and pleasing design makes it easy on the eyes and easy to use. The sign up is pretty simple and quick too.
With this application, you can now book the nearest Ola Cab and get an instantaneous confirmation of your booking with a one-touch interface on your smart phones. Along with the confirmation of your booking you will also receive details of the cab and the driver like the vehicle number, cab driver’s name, contact number, distance from your location and the expected time to reach your location. The cab cancellation process is also as simple as the booking process.
The most interesting feature however is the real time tracking of the cab. With a built in GPS system, the application tracks the real time movement of the cab solving many of our cab booking troubles. You now know exactly where the cab is at a given point of time and you don’t need to call customer care (or the driver) multiple times to ensure your cab will actually reach you. Not only the you, the GPS also helps the driver as he does not need directions to your location but can track it on the GPS and reach the pick up point directly.
Relying on technology and an a strong operations team, Ola aims to deliver a cab to it’s customers within 15 minutes of booking. Possible or not? Well, I did try it out and yes, the cab did reach me in around 15 mins. Verdict? Totally worth it! And all bookings through the application can also avail of a 10% off on the fare. So the next time you need a cab, try out this super easy application. And don’t forget to share your feedback with us.
more on MumbaiMag...
Trending on MumbaiMag
- Snap Shots: Mumbai’s Up And Coming Candid Wedding Photographers
- Koonik: Making The Planet A Happier Place, One Baby At A Time
- Ink Your Imagination At Mumbai’s Ingenious Tattoo Studios
- Mumbai’s Secrets: We Bet You Didn’t Know Of These Hidden Treasures In The City
- Katy’s Kitchen: Authentic Parsi Food Is Just A Phone Call Away
- Trend Spotting: Shoes That Speak Volumes!
- Trend Spotting: Sing Along at Karaoke Nights Throughout The Week
- The Rise And Fall Of The ‘Daakiya’ And The Bygone Days Of Post Boxes! bit.ly/10Sy1iw via 11 minutes ago
- Trend Spotting: Sing Along at Karaoke Nights Throughout The Week bit.ly/YsU7h4 55 minutes ago
- #Art Street: Discover Art Hubs And Cultural Hotspots Where #Mumbai Comes Together bit.ly/13nZ9ek 5 hours ago