The spirit of sportsmanship embodies the highest values known to man. Sportsmen have a solid sense of integrity, they are honest and excellent team players. Sports keep one fit and alert, both necessary to lead an active life in a city like Mumbai. However, there aren’t many fitness opportunities available for city dwellers apart from the few running and cricket clubs (read more about fun fitness options in Mumbai and also some interesting fitness clothes brands). But that is about to change. Here we list two intersting sporting events coming up in and around Mumbai early next year.
Mumbai Games, heralded as the Olympics of Mumbai is an initiative of SportzConsult, a leading sports management company is aimed at getting the city dwellers out on the field, sweating it out not just for the glory but also for the joy that comes with participating in any sporting event!
The Mud Rush
Another event that combines fitness and fun is The Mud Rush scheduled at Z-bac, Kolad on the 9th of February 2013. This small town shot to fame after a few industrious adventure enthusiasts launched White Water Rafting facility in the Kundalika river, that snakes its way through this region. This February it will play host to a unique running event. A race on a 7km course navigating 15 military obstacles followed by an after event party is the plan.
Goradia also informed us that a certain (undisclosed) percentage of the proceeds will be donated to one of the Army Welfare Associations. However, participants will have to shell out Rs 3000 for the run which seems steep as it doesn’t include accommodation or travel arrangements upto Z-bac, Kolad (135 km away from Mumbai) For more information, contact The Mud Rush website.
more on MumbaiMag...
Trending on MumbaiMag
- Fashion Forward: Ten Great Websites For Trendy, Affordable Shopping
- Injured Bijlee Needs Your Help Mumbai!
- Food Bytes: Mumbai’s Four Best Kept Kebab Secrets
- #MumbaiList: Concocting A Regional Storm In A Thali
- Bagel All The Way: The Hole Story About Mumbai’s Tryst With An American Snack
- Trend Spotting: Shoes That Speak Volumes!
- Living Their Dreams: A Unique Art Exhibition By Students Of Society For The Education Of The Crippled (SEC)
- Food Bytes: How About A Bite of Sanju Baba, Deepak Chopra Or Bobby Deol Tonight?
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.