Electronic music isn’t exactly associated with gastronomy. Drinking maybe, but definitely not dining. However, the industrious lot at Percept, (also responsible for the hugely successful Sunburn Music Festival) have opened a cool new Cafe at Lower Parel where they invite you to “Eat.Groove.Enjoy”. Since the festival and brand has a large number of fans and great recall value, the Sunburn 202 Cafe already has quite a few chins wagging.
This “music cafe” is small, but has a bright vibrant decor. The huge banner which marks the entrance is pretty hard to miss. It is located close to Phoenix Mills, which is arguably the heart of Mumbai’s shopping and partying scene, always crowded and buzzing. The area also has a large number of offices. Quite obviously this joint caters to the young and restless; those that want light work lunches and meals on-the-go.
They serve hot dogs, sandwiches, a few baked goods, desserts and coffee. Unlike the tickets to the festival the food is pretty affordable, one can eat a small meal within a humble Rs 200! The cafe doesn’t have much seating, but their menu is designed to be a convenient for take-away.
Keeping with the theme, the place is decorated with Sunburn merchandise which is also for sale. While you wait for your food you can also browse through T-shirts, CDs and other collectables. For the more die hard electronic music fans, you can also buy tickets to Sunburn music festivals, the next of which is happening later in the year in Delhi.
The place doesn’t claim to be a culinary destination, but but it definitely stands out among the multitude of eateries in the area. If you enjoy some electronic beats with your coffee, head over to Suburn 202, I doubt they will disappoint you.
Been there? Tell us how was your experience.
more on MumbaiMag...
Trending on MumbaiMag
- Pet Matters: Pet Sitters And Kennels In Mumbai When Your Pet Needs A Home Away From Home
- Bonobo Is Back: Story Of The Shutdown And Reopening Of Mumbai’s Popular Bar
- #MumbaiList: Concocting A Regional Storm In A Thali
- Bagel All The Way: The Hole Story About Mumbai’s Tryst With An American Snack
- Trend Spotting: Shoes That Speak Volumes!
- Living Their Dreams: A Unique Art Exhibition By Students Of Society For The Education Of The Crippled (SEC)
- Food Bytes: How About A Bite of Sanju Baba, Deepak Chopra Or Bobby Deol Tonight?
- Food Bytes: Green Onion and Puku’s, Nigerian Food Eateries In Mumbai
- Daddy’s Day Out: Father’s Day Fun In Mumbai
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.