Summer invites traveling woes. So Garima and I decided to dodge the train commute and booked ourselves a comfy AC cab on a newly launched cab service – TAB Cab. Our ‘saathi’ Jitendra Jaiswar was ready to pick us ten minutes in advance and gladly waited for an extra minute or two, while we hurried along laptop bags in tow.
As we settle into the cab, what we hear is U2’s ‘With or Without You’ playing in the background. Now, this was mighty cool in our honest opinion and we just knew that TAB Cab was sure to offer us more that the other cab services. So as usual, we did our homework and a couple phone calls later, here’s what we figured…
TAB = To And Back
The cabs come fitted with Android tabs for entertainment which lead us to guess that that’s how the company got its name. Well, we were wrong. In an interesting conversation with Anushree Das, Assistant Marketing Manager, TAB Cab, we figured that the Sancheti family initiated SMS Infrastructure Limited has launched TAB Cab in Mumbai. Also figured that TAB actually stands for ‘To And Back’ and that thought reflects on their boomerang logo too. Subtle, we like!
Mere Taxi ‘Saathi’, drive kiye jaa…
The good guys at Tab Cab do not believe in the concept of drivers or chauffeurs. They address their employee as Saathi a.ka. a travel companion. Each Saathi undergoes etiquette training for about 15-20 days before he finally gets a nod to drive you around the city. Your Saathi will not only guide you about the routes but also help you with your way around the Android Tab. Adios Amigo to boring, lonely journeys!
We liked TAB Cab because…
You don’t have to book your cab hours in advance. With over 4,000 cabs in their fleet plying only within the city, (as opposed to Meru Cabs which have a fleet of 5000 cabs across four metros – Mumbai, Delhi and Hyderabad and Bengaluru) , TAB Cab usually guarantee a cab for bookings made barely 30 minutes prior to the journey. So next time when you forget about picking your distant relative from the airport, remember –TAB Cab to the rescue!
While the Saathi ensures you are comfortable with the AC and music volume, TAB Cabs offers entertainment galore on their Android Tabs. Movies (Hollywood and Bollywood), music, videos, maps – we definitely were spoilt for choices. TAB Cab definitely scores brownie points for its entertainment options.
Booking a cab on Tab Cab would be a wise idea on days you’d like to make an impression. They are the only cab services in the city currently, to provide Toyota Etios as cabs. No extra charges for traveling in style.
Just like every other major radio taxi player, you can call for your TAB Cab by calling them on these numbers 63636363 or by visiting their website www.tabcab.in.
more on MumbaiMag...
Trending on MumbaiMag
- Ink Your Imagination At Mumbai’s Ingenious Tattoo Studios
- Mumbai’s Secrets: We Bet You Didn’t Know Of These Hidden Treasures In The City
- Katy’s Kitchen: Authentic Parsi Food Is Just A Phone Call Away
- Trend Spotting: Shoes That Speak Volumes!
- Trend Spotting: Sing Along at Karaoke Nights Throughout The Week
- Launchpad: Spicebox, A New Tiffin Service
- Mango Mania at Restaurants And Spas in Mumbai
- This #Weekend, Explore #StreetArt Installations Adorning #Mumbai’s Public Spaces bit.ly/12x8hLB 19 hours ago
- Looking to try something different this weekend? Idli Dosa Makeovers: Yummy South Indian Staples Served With A Twist bit.ly/128Jj4J 20 hours ago
- The Rise And Fall Of The ‘Daakiya’ And The Bygone Days Of Post Boxes! bit.ly/10Sy1iw via 1 day ago