Stop gasping. Breathe. And let out a little smile as you excuse the rather outrageous header to this week’s column, that I promise you is an innocuous little pun. As you will soon see, the aforementioned trio have now been captured (do excuse the irony!) for posterity on menu cards of three eateries across Mumbai. Paying obeisance to the two Bollywood actors and to Hollywood’s favourite spiritual guru, we have a very diverse selection of dishes that hope to give …
“Do you plan on making a meal of that ice-cream!?” Every summer, since I can remember, my mum has always issued that standard line to me without fail whenever she sees me wolfing down a vat-sized bowl full of tender coconut ice-cream or a German beer mug brimming with mango sorbet to which a splash of kiwi syrup is added. But that’s how my relationship with this staple of summer …
So, I’ve just gotten back from a two week culinary odyssey through the sweet, salty and sour world that is Thai cuisine. My annual food pilgrimage to the land of smiles aka Thailand is always ‘peppered’ with new discoveries and taste sensations. And this year was no different. I did it all from eating my share …
If you have read our post about juice bars in Mumbai but don’t wish to step out in the scorching heat, here is an option. Foodhall will be organizing a summer coolers masterclass where you can learn to mix some cool summer drinks. Chef Anthony David will guide you on how to make drinks and desserts at this masterclass.
Foodhall is a …
I generally love a good secret. The hushed tones, the clandestine nature of keeping something under wraps, waiting for that opportune moment for the big reveal. All elements that make the whole deal irresistible. But I have major caveat to that rule. No secrets when it comes to food. Never! So imagine my consternation when I heard that there were two major foodie secrets being kept from me in my very
How many times have you seen the show on Fox Traveller about food trucks selling the most exciting looking food so much so that it makes you drool looking at your television screens. Delicious cupcakes, cream filled pies, crisp waffles and even mini doughnuts are being sold from a food truck! Recently Mumbai did see launch of a restaurant in a bus which is exciting but still not a …
Indulge in sweetness! Attend Accessed‘s dessert tasting event tomorrow.
Accessed is a website coming soon which will provide members with unique experiences and privileged access to the good life. It aims to give the members the best value without compromising on luxury. The site three platforms where the first platform offers access each week to the city’s best restaurants, clubs, bars, spas, and gyms, chosen by the …
Don’t we all just hate an arrogant server with a patronizing holier-than-thou attitude or a fine dining establishment that refuses to ‘walk their expensive talk’? Well, these ten commandments will hopefully set them straight!
Ten Commandments For The Fine Dining Restaurant
1. Not to sound like some crusty old headmaster or anything, but the spellings and grammar in thy menu card shall not read like the handiwork of a dyslexic pre-schooler. Don’t ever make me wonder what naughty pranks the …
Gone are the days when we had to contend with the run-of-the-mill Italian, Chinese and Thai trifecta of international cuisine when we wanted to cheat on our dal-chawal for a change. And thank God for that! So, we now have Korean,
We Mumbaikars love gimmicks. And by ‘we’ I mean ‘I’. When combined with another obsession—food, what you have on hand is full blown hysteria that all but consumes me (pun intended!). Ever since I can remember, I have been fascinated with unusual restaurants. The more bizarre the better has been my mantra.
I’ve been known to throw hideously embarrassing tantrums as a 5-year-old begging to be taken for an ‘adults only’ dinner to Pearl of The Orient, The Ambassador Hotel …
Trending on MumbaiMag
- Snap Shots: Mumbai’s Up And Coming Candid Wedding Photographers
- Koonik: Making The Planet A Happier Place, One Baby At A Time
- Ink Your Imagination At Mumbai’s Ingenious Tattoo Studios
- Mumbai’s Secrets: We Bet You Didn’t Know Of These Hidden Treasures In The City
- Katy’s Kitchen: Authentic Parsi Food Is Just A Phone Call Away
- Trend Spotting: Shoes That Speak Volumes!
- Trend Spotting: Sing Along at Karaoke Nights Throughout The Week
- This #Weekend, Explore #StreetArt Installations Adorning #Mumbai’s Public Spaces bit.ly/12x8hLB 5 hours ago
- Looking to try something different this weekend? Idli Dosa Makeovers: Yummy South Indian Staples Served With A Twist bit.ly/128Jj4J 6 hours ago
- The Rise And Fall Of The ‘Daakiya’ And The Bygone Days Of Post Boxes! bit.ly/10Sy1iw via 1 day ago