2012 has been a year of games. Be it the Olympics games, ‘The Hunger Games’ or ‘A Game of Thrones’, everyone’s playing something. This got me thinking- what games are we Mumbaites playing? Are we enjoying the virtual kind or the more physical types or are we indulging in an adult version of playground games?
Passing The Parcel: This used to be the ‘it’ games of a 90’s birthday party. …
Here are four reasons why local trains are the best form of public transport. No, this is not a post about how it’s better to be stuck in a cramped up compartment with sweaty women v/s moving at the speed of 1 Km/Hr on a traffucked highway. What this post will tell you though is how you can be entertained in a local train compartment if you are stuck there anyway. So, here are the entertainment possibilities.
1. Impromptu shopping: Honestly, …
Western, Central and Harbour lines, these life lines of Mumbai carry millions each day all over the city. They serve the purpose of going from point A to B and that’s enough for the average Mumbaikar for whom as long as the purpose is served, every thing else be damned. However, the trains are an integral part of life. A few minutes late, a train cancelled and hell can break loose in homes, offices and entire parts of the city.
Graffiti happens to be one of my favorite art forms. And I must admit that I have admired it long enough to know the constant conflict that street or graffiti artists and government authorities face, and yet I’m happy to actually see it emerge in India, and where else first but Mumbai.
Now before you judge me, let me be very clear that I do not support vandalism of any kind at all. What I do support is this …
Trending on MumbaiMag
- Injured Bijlee Needs Your Help Mumbai!
- Food Bytes: Mumbai’s Four Best Kept Kebab Secrets
- #MumbaiList: Concocting A Regional Storm In A Thali
- Bagel All The Way: The Hole Story About Mumbai’s Tryst With An American Snack
- Trend Spotting: Shoes That Speak Volumes!
- Living Their Dreams: A Unique Art Exhibition By Students Of Society For The Education Of The Crippled (SEC)
- Food Bytes: How About A Bite of Sanju Baba, Deepak Chopra Or Bobby Deol Tonight?
- Food Bytes: Green Onion and Puku’s, Nigerian Food Eateries In Mumbai
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.