A sea of humanity washes over the railway platforms in Mumbai. A throng of crowd threatens to spill over onto the tracks. A train chugs in slowly and a wave of energy passes through the crowd, madness takes over and after a few seconds of scramble, everything seems to calm down only to begin again as the next train chugs in. Now add, some live music to this scene or a melodious voice singing songs of Kabir and there is …
Illustrators, painters, doodlers.. all artists rejoice! This weekend you have a large canvas to paint and a record to break. Tata Housing is organizing a wall painting event called Mumbai Wallbook this Sunday, May 20th. The venue is the Mahim Dadar road and Tulsi Pipe road which will be transformed into a giant canvas and everyone is invited to dive in with colors. And the idea is to bring together all artists from Mumbai and create a Limca …
From the doodles on his shoes to the splotches of paint on his jeans – everything about Jai ‘Zaiu’ Ranjit screams ‘ARTIST’ when you first see him. This ardent Doctor Who fan who always fancied of being an Air force pilot, started painting on a whim on the advice of a friend. A month of research later, Jai knew that painting was no longer a hobby, but his means of life.
The year 2013 marks 100 years of Indian Cinema and to celebrate this momentous occasion the Bollywood Art Project team is painting the city in all hues of Bollywood. The project that will continue till 2013 has already begun, and their first creation is a massive 11ft X 15ft mural of the ancient Indian film Anarkali (1953) at Chapel Road in Bandra. Completed just a few days ago, the mural has already become the …
Graffiti happens to be one of my favorite art forms. And I must admit that I have admired it long enough to know the constant conflict that street or graffiti artists and government authorities face, and yet I’m happy to actually see it emerge in India, and where else first but Mumbai.
Now before you judge me, let me be very clear that I do not support vandalism of any kind at all. What I do support is this …
Trending on MumbaiMag
- Snap Shots: Mumbai’s Up And Coming Candid Wedding Photographers
- Koonik: Making The Planet A Happier Place, One Baby At A Time
- Ink Your Imagination At Mumbai’s Ingenious Tattoo Studios
- Mumbai’s Secrets: We Bet You Didn’t Know Of These Hidden Treasures In The City
- Katy’s Kitchen: Authentic Parsi Food Is Just A Phone Call Away
- Trend Spotting: Shoes That Speak Volumes!
- Trend Spotting: Sing Along at Karaoke Nights Throughout The Week
- The Rise And Fall Of The ‘Daakiya’ And The Bygone Days Of Post Boxes! bit.ly/10Sy1iw via 4 hours ago
- Trend Spotting: Sing Along at Karaoke Nights Throughout The Week bit.ly/YsU7h4 4 hours ago
- #Art Street: Discover Art Hubs And Cultural Hotspots Where #Mumbai Comes Together bit.ly/13nZ9ek 9 hours ago