Liberty Cinema opened their doors to live acts for a while now. The place is an Art Deco, 1200 seater single screen theater, and an apt place for performing gigs, with beautiful acoustics. NH7 brought down Fink and the Staves to headline the Bangalore edition of NH7 Weekender. The group also performed in Mumbai and Delhi back to back on a 3 city tour. And that’s when I caught them last week.
The Staves are an acoustic folk rock trio of sisters from Watford, England. They began performing at open-mic nights at their local, the Horns, as The Staveley-Taylors, marking their surnames up on the pub’s blackboard. One night, running late, a friend chalked them up as The Staves. It stuck. The three sisters are Emily Staveley-Taylor (vocals), Jessica Staveley-Taylor(vocals, guitar) and Camilla Staveley-Taylor (vocals, ukulele). They sang most of the songs from their debut album : “Dead & Born & Grown” and is definitely a must listen.
They were the opening act for the night and had a beautiful set of about eight songs, although I feel they should have had a longer set. Most from the crowd heard them for the first time and instantly fell in love with them, and screamed for an encore after their last song.
Fink aka Fin Greenall, is an English singer, songwriter, guitarist, producer and DJ, , and recently featured on the first episode of The Dewarists’ second season. The name Fink has also referred to the recording and touring trio fronted by Greenall himself, completed by Guy Whittaker (bass) and Tim Thornton (drums).
Their performance was nothing less than a visual treat in a grand setting. With projection on Liberty’s screen the whole experience of listening to the band was enhanced manifolds. The set just kept on building up gathering momentum with crowd’s applause getting louder at the end of each song. Tim is an amazing artist and a definite asset to the band as he provides supporting vocals and also plays the guitar in many of the songs.
more on MumbaiMag...
Trending on MumbaiMag
- Pet Matters: Pet Sitters And Kennels In Mumbai When Your Pet Needs A Home Away From Home
- Bonobo Is Back: Story Of The Shutdown And Reopening Of Mumbai’s Popular Bar
- Injured Bijlee Needs Your Help Mumbai!
- #MumbaiList: Concocting A Regional Storm In A Thali
- Bagel All The Way: The Hole Story About Mumbai’s Tryst With An American Snack
- Trend Spotting: Shoes That Speak Volumes!
- Living Their Dreams: A Unique Art Exhibition By Students Of Society For The Education Of The Crippled (SEC)
- Food Bytes: How About A Bite of Sanju Baba, Deepak Chopra Or Bobby Deol Tonight?
- Food Bytes: Green Onion and Puku’s, Nigerian Food Eateries In Mumbai
- Daddy’s Day Out: Father’s Day Fun In Mumbai
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.