Mumbai has a small, yet very active community of food bloggers, a community I too am a part of. Last night, Burrp and Out of the Blue, Powai took the initiative of bringing a few of us together, and hosting the first ever Food Blogger’s Meet of this kind.
Out of the Blue in Powai was the perfect venue for a sit down meal of this sort. The space has an open Mediterranean feel that I imagine would even be lovely for a day time meal. The staff is extremely polite and competent, an element that most Mumbai eateries miss out on. The pleasant lighting and unobtrusive live music provided the perfect setting for camaraderie and conversations.
We had a free choice of selecting anything off their extensive menu. The table was filled with a wide selection of dishes, from a Three Meat Sizzler to Grilled Rawas with Lemon Butter sauce. The food was good, though not extraordinary. The ‘Desi Fondue’ which is their specialty was a crowd favorite as was their Out of the Blue signature Caesar’s salad. In general the portions were comfortably large. Though all self-proclaimed foodies were present, the evening was less about the food and more about the coming together of a community of people, all driven by a single passion.
For months now I had been following some of these bloggers on Twitter. It was now time to peal away the twitter handles and meet the real people behind the more familiar online avatars. It certainly made for an interesting evening where new friends were made.
All of them will lead you to reviews, recipes, food adventures and other miscellaneous mouth watering musings !
more on MumbaiMag...
Trending on MumbaiMag
- Snap Shots: Mumbai’s Up And Coming Candid Wedding Photographers
- Koonik: Making The Planet A Happier Place, One Baby At A Time
- Ink Your Imagination At Mumbai’s Ingenious Tattoo Studios
- Mumbai’s Secrets: We Bet You Didn’t Know Of These Hidden Treasures In The City
- Katy’s Kitchen: Authentic Parsi Food Is Just A Phone Call Away
- Trend Spotting: Shoes That Speak Volumes!
- Trend Spotting: Sing Along at Karaoke Nights Throughout The Week
- Restaurant ‘May’hem! Getting You Up To Speed With Eatery Openings And Closings This Month in #Mumbai... Read bit.ly/11dwRUR 7 hours ago
- This World Environment Day, Go Green With NGOs Working Towards Environment Safety In Mumbai bit.ly/10CHOxj 11 hours ago
- Did you check out post on celebrity inspired food here bit.ly/164ERdG 12 hours ago